Requirements for Parasponsive
We recommend to use Parasponsive with WordPress 4.6 or higher and PHP 5.6 or higher (preferably PHP 7.0). There are a lot of issue you can faced with while using Parasponsive theme, such as demo import fails or white screen. All of them are related to PHP configuration limits. It is necessary to increase them. You can do this by yourself or contact your host support team I order to ask them to increase next limits (minimum requirements are):
- max_execution_time 180
- memory_limit 128M
- post_max_size 64M
- upload_max_filesize 128M
What does come with theme
After purchase you will be able to select what package to download from ThemeForest.
- 1. Open the tab ‘Downloads’ on your account.
- 2. Find Parasponsive purchase.
- 3. Click the Download button and select between:
- a) ‘All Files & Documentation’ contains the dummy content for slider and documentation;
- b) Installable WordPress file only is only package with theme. It is recommended to use for theme updating.
Parasponsive Theme Support
Theme comes with 6 months of included free support and updates. You can extend your support period to 12 months while purchase the theme (or extend support after your license will be expired). If you choose to not renew your support, you will still receive theme updates and have access to our online documentation, Knowledgebase and video tutorials.
What exactly does support include? You will be able to find this information here.
How to contact support team?
- 1. Click here to sign up in our ticket system.
- 2. Once you signed up, it is necessary to sign into our ticket system with your new account.
- 3. Click ‘Submit a request’. You will need your ThemeForest Purchase Code which can only be received after buying the theme from Themeforest.net.
To find your purchase code you need to
- log into your Envanto Market account;
- hover the mouse over your username at the top of the screen;
- click ‘Downloads’ from the drop down menu;
- click ‘License certificate & purchase code’ (available as PDF or text file).
Installation & Update
To install this theme, you must have a working WordPress site. Make sure you follow the instructions step by step. If you have trouble installing theme, read this tutorial. There are two ways to install.
Installing via Admin Panel
- In WordPress, log in into the admin area, navigate through Appearance > Themes.
- Click Install Themes and click the Upload button.
- Select the .zip file you downloaded and click on Install Now. If you downloaded package marked as ‘All Files & Documentation’, please first unpack it and upload only .zip file with theme.
- After the upload, you will be prompted to activate the theme. Do it.
If you get a message "Are You Sure You Want To Do This?"
This message usually occurs because of limitations on your hosting. In this case, you should email your hosting company and ask them to increase the maximum file size for uploaded files, or you may install the Theme via FTP.
Installing via FTP
Another way of installing the theme is via FTP.
- Log in to your site's FTP through a FTP Client (like FileZilla).
- Navigate to WordPress installation directory.
- Unzip the theme .zip file and ONLY use the extracted theme folder.
- Upload the extracted theme folder into wp-content > themes folder (should be something like /wp-content/themes/parasponsive-theme/ ).
- When upload is complete, go to Appearance > Themes in your Wordpress admin area. You will see Parasponsive theme there. Hit Activate to activate it.
If you receive an error after installation: "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in"
If you get this message, you need to select “binary” transfer mode in your FTP client settings and upload theme again. For example, in FileZilla:
The theme includes 10 plugins that will need to be installed and activated:
- Advanced Custom Fields PRO,
- Advanced Custom Fields: Nav Menu Field,
- Contact form 7,
- Instagram Gallery,
- One Click Demo Import,
- Redux Framework,
- Slider Revolution,
- Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer,
- WPBakery Visual Composer.
When you install theme, you will get a notification message in your WordPress admin telling you about the required plugins which should be installed and activated.
Click ‘Begin installing plugins’ which is located in this notification.
Initial Website Setup
What Is A Demo?
A Demo is a showcase or an example of what’s possible to create with the theme. Demo conception demonstrates how flexible the theme can be.
How Are Demos Useful?
Demos can be useful in case you don’t imagine where to begin and what to do with theme. If it is your first experience in websites creating, demos can be a great helper because all the pages and content are laid out for you. You can then go in and tweak it to your liking, or experiment with various capabilities and options.
One Click Demo Import (Optional)
After installing the theme, you need to configure theme and import demo content.
- Navigate through menu Appearance -> Import Demo Data
- Choose one of our demo sites and click ‘Import’.
- Then navigate through menu Ultimate –> Icon Manager.
- Click button ‘Upload New Icons’
- Select parafont.zip package and click button ‘Insert Fonts Zip File’.
Import Revolution Slider:
If you want to adjust the Revolution Slider as on the demo:
- Go to menu Revolution Slider
- Click "Import slider".
- Select file from archive (revolution-slider-data.zip) and click "Import slider".
- Slider is imported.
Demo Content Deleting
If you decide to import dummy content of other demo site, we recommend you first to delete demo content which was imported earlier. It will prevent on mess in data and conflicts.
One of the best way to do this is to install free plugin WP Reset.
It resets your database to the default installation and does not modify files, deletes all customizations and content of WordPress.
- Go to menu Plugins.
- Click ‘Add New’.
- Search for WP Reset or upload it.
- Click Install Now and Activate.
- After this go to menu Tools -> WP Reset.
- Type wp-reset in the confirmation field to confirm the reset and then click the Reset button.
Update Parasponsive 6.1 & its previous versions
Unfortunately, Parasponsive 6.1 or its previous versions can’t be updated traditionally. Technologies which were used in those theme versions have reached end of their life cycle and shouldn’t be used at present moment. Parasponsive couldn’t be evolved and supported in full because of it. This is a significant reason to make full update of theme.
If you run on your website on Parasponsive 6.1 or previous version and want to use Parasponsive 7.0+, you can submit a request to our support team. We will move your website to new theme version manually for free.
Update Parasponsive 7.0+
- Make a backup of the theme options. Go to menu Theme options -> Import/Export. Here you can copy/download your current option settings. Keep this safe as you can use it as a backup should anything go wrong, or you can use it to restore your settings on this site (or any other site). Choose the most convenient way for you. Copy data, download data file or copy export URL.
- We recommend installing the free plugin "Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades".
- Go to Appearance -> Themes.
- Click the “Add New” button at the top of the page.
- Click the “Upload Theme” button at the top of the page.
- Select the zip file with the new theme version to install.
- Click the “Install Now” button.
- Click ‘Activate’ after successful theme updating.
Pages are the main source of information on the website, and most likely you will setup several of them. This chapter answer many questions you may ask.
Once you have gone through all the steps above, your theme is almost ready to go. Now you should see the blog instead of the home page. If you have already imported the demo data, you need to select the home page.
- Navigate to menu Settings -> Reading.
- Select option ‘A static page’
- Choose one of the imported (or created) pages from the dropdown list.
- Here you have an opportunity to set the blog page as the Posts pages.
Creating new pages
Pages are the main essences which include a content of whole website.
If you do not want to import the demo data, you need to create your own pages.
- Go to the menu Pages in your WP admin area and click ‘Add new’.
- Name the page by entering title in the field ‘Title’.
- Choose the template from the dropdown list (see the Pages Attributes section on the right side of the page).
- Set the page options. They will affect the current page only. If you’d like to set global options for your website, please navigate to menu Theme Options.
- Save the page.
Theme includes several page templates to choose from, and you will need to choose the page template that suits your needs.
You find a list of page templates with description of each one below.
- Breadcrumbs Page | Left Additional Sidebar - page with breadcrumbs and left sidebar. The Left Additional Sidebar is used.
- Breadcrumbs Page | Left Main Sidebar - page with breadcrumbs and left sidebar. The Main Sidebar is used.
- Breadcrumbs Page | Right Additional Sidebar - page with breadcrumbs and right sidebar. The Right Additional Sidebar is used.
- Breadcrumbs Page | Right Main Sidebar - page with breadcrumbs and right sidebar. The Main Sidebar is used.
- Breadcrumbs Page | Without Sidebar - page with breadcrumbs and no sidebar.
- Front Page Top/Bottom Margin | Without Sidebar - page without any sidebars, title and breadcrumbs. It has top and Bottom margin.
- Front Page Transparent Header | Without Sidebar - page with transparent header without any sidebars, title and breadcrumbs.
- Front Page | Without Margin & Sidebar - page without any margins, sidebars, title and breadcrumbs.
- Full-width Page | Without Sidebar - this page takes 100% (no left & right paddings) of browser width. Without sidebar, title and breadcrumbs.
- Left Main Sidebar Page | Without Title - page with boxed layout and left sidebar, but without title and breadcrumbs.
- Right Main Sidebar | Without Title - page with boxed layout and right sidebar, but without title and breadcrumbs.
- One Page Template (with Parallax Menu) - this page takes 100% (with left & right paddings) of browser width. Without sidebar, title and breadcrumbs. Use it for page with parallax menu only (Header Type #4).
Parasponsive theme comes bundled with multiple premium plugins, that allow you to build complex page content easy and without writing a line of code. The plugins included into theme are:
- Visual Composer. Drag and Drop Frontend and Backend Page Builder Plugin for WordPress (you save $33).
- Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer. #1 Best Seller Visual Composer Addon (you save $17).
- Templatera. Template manager for Visual Composer (you save $11).
In order to start creating page you should select suitable mode of page builder (Backend or Frontend editor).
Select one of pre-made sections or create new one by adding necessary elements. Full list of all elements which can be used is here.
You can find detailed information in Visual Composer documentation.
Creating a One Page
Parasponsive theme is flexible to create both multipage website and one page website with parallax menu. The last one provides visitors with minimum necessary amount of information divided into sections. Parallax menu allows smoothly scrolling between sections.
Creating Content for One Page sites
Parasponsive builds its one page with Visual Composer plugin. After dummy content import you will be able to use pre-made sections which will be imported with demo content.
- Go to menu Pages -> Add New
- Select One Page Template (with Parallax Menu) in the Page Attribute area.
- Select the most suitable mode of page builder (Backend or Frontend editor).
- Click button ‘Templates’ in order to add necessary section or create your own one.
Creating parallax menu
Every section which you want to be linked in parallax menu must have own ID.
- Open page editor.
- Activate Visual Composer backend mode.
- Find row with necessary section.
- Click ‘Edit this row’.
- Find field ‘Row ID’ on the tab ‘General’.
- Add a unique ID.
- Save changes.
- Open menu Appearance -> Menus.
- Find tab “Custom Link”.
- Click on the arrow, enter menu item title here and a link to one of your sections of the parallax page, for example #services
How to create a Portfolio item?
- Click the Portfolio tab.
- Click the Add Portfolio sub tab.
- Main content field is used for description.
- Features Image is used as a preview image. Upload images with high resolution for retina displays!
- When you are ready, click Publish
We offer 5 header types in Parasponsive.
Type 1 | Simple Horizontal Menu. It is a traditional menu. Go to menu Appearance -> Menus, select necessary menu and set it as Top Menu.
Type 2 | Horizontal Menu + Parallax Menu + Left Buttons. It consists of buttons and traditional menu on the on the top and parallax menu below.
Type 3 | Horizontal Menu + Vertical Parallax Menu. It contains traditional menu on the top and vertical parallax menu.
Type 4 | Parallax Menu. It is parallax menu with smooth scrolling effect.
Type 5 | Horizontal Menu + Parallax Menu + Right Buttons. It contains traditional menu on the top right side, parallax menu and buttons below.
You can adjust own header type for every single page.
- Open page editor of necessary page.
- Navigate to One Page Header area.
- Select header type you prefer.
- Choose transparency and skin (dark or light). Skin option is available only if the transparent header is activated.
As mentioned previously some header types can include buttons, such as
- social buttons (add links to your social profiles);
- search button (makes search field enabled);
- login button (makes sign in form enabled);
- cart button (makes the WooCommerce cart enabled);
- language button (makes language switcher enabled.
- Open page editor
- Navigate to One Page Header area.
- Select tab ‘Buttons’
- Enable necessary buttons.
- Save changes.
This chapter covers the basic tasks you may have creating a menu.
- Go to menu Theme mOptions -> Header -> Menu Skin.
- Select menu design which will be applied for whole website by default.
If you want to set different menu types for different pages, open page editor and set appropriate header type for this page. Details in Header chapter.
Theme supports custom WordPress menus, with multiple levels of dropdown support for the main menu. Once a menu is created and assigned as primary menu, it will show up on the site. There are also several options to customize the menu.
If you use our demo content, you can activate menu after importing dummy data.
- Go to Appearance -> Menus.
- Check "Top menu"
- Save menu.
How to create a New menu
- Navigate to Appearance = > Menus and click create a new menu.
- Input the name of a new menu and click button Create Menu.
- To add a menu item, select one of your created pages on the left hand side and click the Add to Menu button. You can also add all kinds of different posts from the left side.
- To add a custom menu item, enter a custom name and link into the Costom Links box. It is necessary to add URL and menu item name.
- You can specify the sub items by dragging it to the right or point to the parent page of the this page in page editor.
- Then check Primary menu and click Save Menu.
In order to adjust menu colors, you should navigate to menu Theme Options -> Header -> Type 1-5 Colors section. You will find setting for menu item padding and tree menu levels here. Every Header type has own color settings. Just select necessary one and set colors you prefer for it.
Theme allows adjusting responsive menu buttons colors via menu Theme Options -> Header -> Mobile Menu Colors.
Every page has own footer type.
Footer Type 1
Footer Type 2
- Go to menu Pages -> All pages (Add New Page)
- Open page editor
- Navigate to One page header area.
- Open tab ‘Footer Setting’.
- Select footer type you prefer.
- Save changes.
Add contend to the footer area by means of widgets.
- Go to menu Appearance -> Widgets.
- To activate a widget drag it to a sidebar or click on it.
- To deactivate a widget and delete its settings, drag it back.
- Subscribe Sidebar Left. This sidebar is used at the first top footer column.
- Subscribe Sidebar Right. This sidebar is used at the second top footer column.
- Footer Sidebar 1. This sidebar is used as the first bottom footer column.
- Footer Sidebar 2. This sidebar is used as the second bottom footer column.
- Footer Sidebar 3. This sidebar is used as the third bottom footer column.
- Footer Sidebar 4. This sidebar is used as the fourth bottom footer column.
Footer can be configured in menu Theme Options -> Footer. You will be able to add Footer Logo Image and Copyright.
Go to menu Theme Options -> Color Settings -> Footer.
You can adjust colors of Footer Widget Area: Background color, Search Widget Background, Search Buttons Background, Search Button Text, Widget Background, Widgets Text, Links and Headings.
Footer Social Colors can be changed here too (background, text, links).
Theme comes bundled with a lot of different sidebars. Every of them has own assignment. In order to add content to sidebars, you should go to menu Appearance -> Widgets. To activate a widget drag it to a sidebar or click on it. To deactivate a widget and delete its settings, drag it back.
- Blog Sidebar. Appears on posts and pages except the optional Blog, which has its own widgets.
- Main Sidebar. This sidebar will be shown on:
- Left Sidebar Template, Without Title
- Right Sidebar Template, Without Title
- Simple Page Template, With Sidebar
This sidebar will be shown on:
- Breadcrumbs Page Template, Right Sidebar
- Breadcrumbs Page Template, Light Sidebar
Logo & Favicon
How To Upload A Logo
- Navigate to Theme Options -> Header-> Logo Settings > and add variations of site logo for different header skins.
- Click the ‘Upload’ button to upload your logo image file. Use image with at least 54px height for best quality.
- Once the logo is uploaded you can choose what logo size will be controlled: width or height
- Do not forget to save settings
If the logo image is not uploaded, the Site Title and the Tagline will be used instead of it.
You can change Site Title and the Tagline via menu Settings -> General.
Logo & Tagline typography can be customized via menu Theme Options -> Header -> Logo Settings > Text Logo Typography & Tagline Logo Typography
Image Logo Customization
Set image logo width and height via menu Theme Options -> Header -> Logo Settings -> Logo Size.
Theme offers various settings to help position and align your logo. These options are located in menu Theme Options -> Header -> Logo Settings -> Customize logo dimensions? (you can enable or disable this option).
- Logo Padding - Controls the top/right/bottom/left paddings for the logo in standart mode. Enter values including any valid CSS unit, for example: 31px, 31px, 0px, 0px.
- Logo Padding in sticky mode - Controls the top/right/bottom/left paddings for the logo in sticky mode. Enter values including any valid CSS unit, for example: 31px, 31px, 0px, 0px
The Favicon Option is located in menu Theme Options -> Header -> Logo Settings -> Select Favicon . A favicon is an icon typically displayed in the address bar of a browser accessing the site or next to the site name in a list of saved bookmarks. To add favicons, simply click the ‘Upload’ button next to the appropriate field, then select the favicon file you would like to use. Use image with at least 16x16px for best quality.
The huge variety of social icons can be added to the top of website header. In order to add them you should go to menu Theme options -> Content -> Social. Just add your profile links or leave fields empyty.
Add blog author photo.
- Go to menu Theme Options - > Content -> Author
- Set author background image.
No matter how you decide to display your blog posts, the first thing you need to do is create them. Theme offers different blog post formats, image, aside, link, etc. Each blog post you make can be displayed with the ability to assign custom categories to each post, you can easily display a set of posts based on category. See below for information on how to create blog posts.
How To Create A Blog Post?
- Navigate to menu Posts in your
- Click on the Add New option to make a new post. Create a title, and insert your post content in the main editor field.
- Choose a Post Format from the right side. To assign it to the post, check the radio button next to the Post Format name.
- Add Categories from the right side. To assign it to the post, check the box next to the Category name.
- Add Tags from the right side. Type the name of the tag in the field, separate multiple tags with commas.
- For a single image, click the Featured Image Box, select an image and click the Set Featured Image button.
- Once you are finished, click Publish to save the post.
Assigned Blog Page
We will use the standard WordPress method which is setting up an assigned blog or post page. It’s as simple as making a new page, and then telling WordPress to use that page as the post page.
- Create a new page and choose the page template from the dropdown list on the right side.
- Input a new name for your page and Publish it.
- To set a page as your main blog page, navigate to Settings > Reading and find the ‘Posts Page’ option, then select the page from the dropdown list. Doing this will automatically pull your blog posts and place them on the assigned page.
You will be able to adjust blog pages via menu Theme Options -> Blog:
- change date format in post;
- enable likes in default blog;
- enable views counter in default blog;
- enable comments counter in default blog;
- display author in default blog;
- display about author info in blog;
- enable Parallax Thumbnail effect on Single post;
- add right sidebar to Single post;
- add left sidebar to Single post;
- add related posts to Single page;
- add rounded border-radius to images and elements;
- display the excerpt of the post;
- display the Default Footer.
All typography options are located in menu Theme Options -> Typography.
- Menu Typography – Options for menu, submenu and parallax menu.
- Breadcrumbs Typography – Options for title, link and current link.
- Heading Typography Options – To customize Header Fonts you use both standard and custom fonts. Set options such as font family, weight, size, etc.
- Footer Typography – Options for footer heading, links and text.
The color of almost every element of the website can be adjusted via menu Theme Options -> Color Settings.
This section allows adjusting colors of Blog Paga Background, Blog Content & Widget Background, Blog Content & Widgets Text, Blog Content & Widgets Links, Blog Content Headings, Blog Widgets Headings, Blog Widgets Headings Background, Blog Comment Background. If you need, every element can be transparent. Just check field "Transparent"
This menu allows adjusting colors for body text and all levels headers.
Footer Style options are described here.
You can customize overlay colors here: change Overlay Background, Heading, Close Button, Link and Text color.